I accept queries by e-mail only at email@example.com ("Query: TITLE" is the best subject line format).
- In the body of your e-mail: a query letter, synopsis, and short bio.
- Attached as a Word Document: the first three chapters (or about 50 pages) of your work, and/or a proposal.
If your project is a prose work of fiction, it should be complete before I consider it for representation.
For graphic works, please link to your portfolio site, or include a download link (YouSendIt, Dropbox, etc).
I unfortunately can't accept unsolicited large attachments.
Please be patient as I consider your work - my response time varies, but I try to attend to queries within a month of submission. Response time is generally longer for requested manuscripts. I do respond to all queries; if you do not receive a response, please feel free to follow up.
PLEASE DO keep me informed via e-mail should you receive interest or an offer of representation from another agent; I appreciate the courtesy and the chance to extend an offer of my own before you decide!
I specialize in working with graphic novelists and illustrators; however, I do represent select prose works. I am actively seeking clients!
I am currently looking for projects in the following categories:
- Middle grade fiction (all genres)
- YA/NA fiction (all genres)
- Adult fiction (mainstream fiction that hits that sweet spot between commercial and literary, or has a hint of genre)
- Adult nonfiction (narrative nonfiction focusing on humor, food, science, general geekery, or pop culture)
- Graphic works (all ages, all genres)
Please note that I am not interested in prescriptive nonfiction, business/finance, sports, poetry, or spiritual/religious projects.